Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think if WordPress Conceptually Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think if WordPress Conceptually Dead?

SEO is a lot about structured data, structured posts, follow-up, and a relevant editorial process. From my point of view, WordPress is not relevant for this. There is a misconception: WordPress is mixing the ease of writing with the frontend result.

I am pretty sure that the future IS NOT in WordPress. It is powerful, but there is a very big need to dissociate the writing experience from the results.

My ideal stack would be like that:

Backend:
    • Structured data everywhere
    • A good editor (Gutenberg is ok)
    • Very detailed stats & search engine. Example: I would like to know which posts have at least two internal links, contains the word "Dog", and have two affiliate links to Amazon. Yep, good luck if you need to do that with WordPress.
    • Review process
    • Writer helpers (Grammarly, SEO tools like SEO Surfer, etc.).
    • Integration of SEO stats: Ahrefs stats, word counts, various stuff).

Frontend:
    • Only take care of templates, CSS, HTML and structured data.
    • It should look like a WordPress builder, but with clarity: Entry input (what you want) => Template => End results.
    • It would be like a plugin collection where the entry data is clearly stated, and you can configure it as you want.
    • We all have the same needs: post lists, widgets, etc.

There is a missing piece on the market. For me, it's obvious: I know WordPress, I also know frameworks like Laravel, and I also know most headless CMSs, Jamstack, and other stuff. Frameworks like Laravel are good, but not for the Web. WordPress is good in itself, but not for structured data & algorithms. Headless CMSs are just APIs plugged on CRUDs stuff.

Pretty sure there is a lot of innovation to be made if we consider "backend" and "frontend" as two different expertises. This is not yet the case. I am predicting that all this market will be disrupted, a bit like virtual machines / VPS have disrupted the hosting industry.

What's your opinion?